For moderately sized companies in the $2 million to $20 million range, senior management often turns to their Certified Public Accountant (CPA) for advice about business finances because they don’t have a Controller or Chief Financial Officer (CFO) on staff. What they will get from a CPA is a financial opinion based on the CPA’s perspective on regulatory compliance, taxes and tax law. In most situations, the opinion will not include the necessary strategic insights and analysis related to the health, value and achievement of the long-term goals of the business.
When the CEO is being distracted from critical revenue-generating activities to handle financing or similar issues, it’s time to hire an interim Controller or CFO to take his place and make these things happen.
The management of a business finances needs to be aligned to the business strategy, and provide financial analysis and insight not only to support management decision-making but to empower them to focus on what moves their needle.
How Financial Management works:
Successful Financial Management should:
- Optimize financial processes and efficiencies to improve profitability.
- Manage and analyze financial information to support senior management decision-making.
- Administer working capital and manage cash flow gaps.
- Plan, budget and forecast operations in support of business goals.
- Ensure legal and regulatory requirements.
- Oversee insurance, banking, health insurance, and legal issues.
Companies use Financial Management to:
- Organize their finances and track their performance.
- Support senior management to make improved decisions.
- Raise capital, handle debt and equity.
- Liaise with bankers and investors,
- Strategize how to finance the company long-term goals.
- Forecast business performance.
- Increase confidence and clarity in the business’s direction.
The bottom line is probably this: hire a C.F.O. as soon as you can afford one!
How can we help you?
To discuss how our team can help your business achieve true results, please Contact Us
Bookkeeping, Controller and Chief Financial Officer