Can you sustain the company you started?
With the many resources available to entrepreneurs (classes, incubators, mentors, etc.), it’s never been easier to create a business. Yet, as the business grows, the entrepreneur’s innate ability and talent have less and less impact on the company’s results. Exceeding the competition, finding new clients and keeping your business profitable are challenges that you have to face, regardless of how experienced you are as an entrepreneur or how many years you have been in business.
With fires to put out in every corner, the day-to-day hustle of business can easily send your plan and intentions to oblivion! Before you know it, you are nowhere near where you thought you’d be.
For more than 15 years, Altima Business Solutions has helped hundreds of entrepreneurs, from startup to small/mid-sized businesses, in a wide range of industries, leverage their powers by developing and executing winning strategies.
Critical Path is a comprehensive process for determining a business future and how it can best achieve that goal. It audits the business powers and explicitly articulates the business’ objectives, the critical actions, timelines and resources required to achieve them.
Entrepreneurs are experts in their field but novices in many areas of business. The major constraint on their success is not the quality of their product or service, or the intellectual property that protects it, but rather the inability of the company to leverage their powers to secure and capitalize on commercial opportunities. Power determines range and when range is narrow, it leaves a company with very little leeway.
“An organization can look strong on the outside but already be sick on the inside, dangerously on the cusp of a precipitous fall.” Jim Collins, How the Mighty Fall
Using our Business Power Assessment, we work with entrepreneurs to make their ideas actionable and accountable. We detect gaps and opportunities that others miss, creating personalized solutions that combine our deep corporate knowledge, intimate industry experience and clear insights into how to create more power in your business.
Entrepreneurship can be a bit messy. Critical Path provides a road map and supports the entrepreneurs who have the innate ability to sustain successful businesses. Ultimately, their extraordinary results benefit everyone. Successful businesses create today’s jobs, sustain our economy and communities.
Companies use Critical Path to:
- Gain confidence and clarity
- Increase sales and profitability
- Improve decision-making process
- Expand financial resources
- Update operations
A successful Critical Path process:
- Describes the organization’s mission, vision and fundamental values
- Defines stakeholder expectations and establish clear and compelling objectives for the business
- Analyzes the company’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats relative to competitors
- Understands the current and future priorities of targeted customer segments
- Identifies and evaluates industry trends, opportunities and threats
- Develops advantageous strategies that will profitably differentiate the company from its competitors
- Prepares programs, policies, and plans to implement the strategy
- Establishes supportive organizational structures, decision processes, information and control systems
- Allocates resources to develop critical capabilities
- Monitors performance
Operational Business Plan, Fundable Business Plan, Strategic Plan, Executive Summary, SWOT Analysis, Market Research, Operations, Systems and Processes, Employee Buy-ins, and more.